SiSoftware Sandra 2016 – the latest version of its award-winning utility which includes remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs, servers, PDAs, Smart Phones, small office/home office (SOHO) networks and enterprise networks.
SiSoftware Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is an information and diagnostic utility. It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software. It works along the lines of other Windows utilities, however it tries to go beyond them and show you more of what’s really going on. Giving the user the ability to draw comparisons at both a high and low-level.
You can get information about the CPU, chipset, video adapter, ports, printers, sound card, memory, network, Windows internals, AGP, PCI, PCI-X, PCIe (PCI Express), database, USB, USB2, 1394/Firewire, etc.
SiSoftware Sandra, founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of computer analysis, diagnostic and benchmarking software. The flagship product, known as “SANDRA”, was launched in 1997 and has become one of the most widely used products in its field. Nearly 700 worldwide IT publications, magazines and review sites use SANDRA to analyse the performance of today’s computers. Over 9,000 on-line reviews of computer hardware that use SANDRA are catalogued on our website alone.
Since launch, SiSoftware has always been at the forefront of the technology arena, being among the first providers of benchmarks that show the power of emerging new technologies such as multi-core, GPGPU, OpenCL, DirectCompute, x64, ARM, MIPS, NUMA, SMT (Hyper-Threading), SMP (multi-threading), AVX3, AVX2, AVX, FMA4, FMA, NEON, SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3, SSE3, SSE2, SSE, Java and .NET.
SiSoftware Sandra Modules:
• Mainboard/Chipset/System Monitors Info
• CPU/BIOS Info
• APM & ACPI (Advanced Power Management) Info
• PCI(e), AGP, CardBus, PCMCIA bus and devices Info
• Video Information (monitor, card, video bios, caps, etc.)
• OpenGL Information
• DirectX (DirectDraw, Direct3D, DirectSound (3D), DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectInput) Info
• Keyboard Info
• Mouse Info
• Sound Card (wave, midi, aux, mix) Info
• MCI Devices (mpeg, avi, seq, vcr, video-disc, wave) Info
• Joystick Info
• Printers Info
• Windows Memory Info
• Windows Info
• Font (Raster, Vector, TrueType, OpenType) Information
• Modem/ISDN TA Information
• Network Information
• IP Network Information
• WinSock & Internet Security Information
• Drives Information (Removable Hard Disks, CD-ROM/DVD, RamDrives, etc.)
• Ports (Serial/Parallel) Info
• Remote Access Service Connections (Dial-Up, Internet)
• OLE objects/servers Info
• Processes (Tasks) & Threads Info
• Modules (DLL, DRV) Info
• Services and Device Drivers (SYS) Info
• SCSI Information
• ATA/ATAPI Information
• Data Sources Information
• CMOS/RTC Information
• Smart Card & SIM Card Information
• CPU Arithmetic Benchmark (MP/MT support)
• CPU Multi-Media Benchmark (including MMX, MMX Enh, 3DNow!, 3DNow! Enh, SSE(2)) (MP/MT support)
• File System (Removable, Hard Disks, Network, RamDrives) Benchmark
• Removable Storage/Flash Benchmark
• CD-ROM/DVD Benchmark
• Memory Bandwidth Benchmark (MP/MT support)
• Cache and Memory Bandwidth Benchmark (MP/MT support)
• Network/LAN Bandwidth Benchmark
• Internet/ISP Connection Benchmark
• Internet/ISP Peerage Benchmark
• Hardware Interrupts Usage
• DMA Channel Usage
• I/O Ports Usage
• Memory Range Usage
• Plug and Play Enumerator
• Hardware registry settings
Key features of SiSoftware Sandra 2016:
• 6 native architectures support (x86, x64 – Windows; ARM, ARM64, MIPS, MIPS64, x86, x64 – Android)
• Huge official hardware support through technology partners (AMD/ATI, nVidia, Intel).
• 4 native (GP)GPU/APU platforms support (OpenCL, CUDA, DirectX Compute Shader, OpenGL Compute*).
• 4 native Graphics platforms support (DirectX 12, DirectX 11.x, DirectX 10.x, OpenGL 3.0+).
• 9 language versions (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), Russian) in a single installer.
• Enhanced Sandra Lite (Eval) version (free for personal/educational use, evaluation for other uses)
– Easy “de facto” standard benchmarks for measuring performance.
– Improve understanding of what is inside your computer.
– Compare your system with refernce systems and results.
– Check software configuration and settings and much more.
– Designed especially for Home Users.
– Easy “de facto” standard benchmarks for measuring performance.
– Analyse your network computers.
– Support for machines part of Domain.
– Support for Virtualisation.
– Batch execution of modules.
– Includes all the features of the Business Professional version as well as.
– USB/CD versuon does not require install, save time, saves install
– Allows commercial exploitation / usage.
– Licenecd per technician for simplification.
– Reduces total cost of ownership due to each technician being licensed.
– Ability to run directly from CD or USB without installation. (Portable Version only)
Broad Operating System Support:
• Enhanced for Windows 10 / Server 2015 Desktop mode using the latest API.
• New theme for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 with high-DPI support (200% 192ppi) 256×256 pixels icons.
• Full support for Windows 8, 7, Vista as well as Server 2012/R2, 2008/R2.
• Updated hardware support for both current and future hardware
This release introduces initial AVX512 benchmarks with all SIMD benchmarks due to be ported once compiler support becomes available:
CPU Multi-Media (Fractal Generation): single, double floating-point; integer, long benchmarks ported to AVX512. [See article Future performance with AVX512]
CPU Crypto (SHA Hashing): SHA2-256 and SHA2-512 multi-buffer ported to AVX512
Hardware support for future arch (AMD and Intel)
Net Multi-Media native vector support is vector width independent and thus will support AVX512 with a future CLR release automatically
GPU Image Processing – new, more complex filters:
Oil Painting: Quantise (9×9) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
Diffusion: Randomise (256) Filter: CUDA, OpenCL
CPU Image Processing – new, more complex filters:
Oil Painting: Quantise (9×9) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
Diffusion: Randomise (256) Filter: AVX2/FMA, AVX, SSE2
More benchmarks will be ported to AVX512 subject to compiler support; currently Microsoft’s VC++ does not support AVX512 intrinsics and in the interest of fairness we do not use specialized compilers