HelpSmith is a help authoring tool that you can use to create CHM HTML Help files, Web Help systems, Printed Manuals, Adobe PDF documents, and Microsoft Word documents from a single source. HelpSmith includes a built-in Unicode word processor with Dynamic Styles and Spell Checker, support for Templates and Variables, Conditional Compilation, a single media repository to easily manage graphics and video files, and many other useful tools.
No HTML Coding
Create help files and documents easily with NO need to code HTML or know any technical aspects of help file creation.
Generate content using topic templates, variables, ready-to-use styles schemes, and powerful conditional compilation capabilities.
Slight Learning Curve
A modern Ribbon interface, sample help projects, and step-by-step documentation that will help you getting started with HelpSmith quickly.
Features & Benefits
– Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help, Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, and MS Word.
– Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
– Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
– Variables to insert names, dates, and any other values dynamically.
– Insert and manage graphics and videos with a single project’s media repository.
– Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
– Ready-to-use style schemes and the possibility to create a custom scheme for Web Help.
– Auto-correction system to avoid broken links in the compiled help file.
– Optimized for working with large amount of data and usage of minimal system resources.
– A smart Project Merge feature for collaborative work, translation purposes, and for creating topic libraries.
– Easy integration of HTML Help and Web Help with your application or website.
– Command line possibilities to automate compilation of help files and documents.
– Modern Ribbon interface with a slight learning curve, step-by-step documentation, and sample help projects.
– Windows XP/Vista/7/8
– 1 GHz processor
– 512MB RAM
– 150MB free disk space