PTGui is panoramic stitching software for Windows and Mac OSX. Originally developed as a Graphical User Interface for Panorama Tools (hence the name), PTGui now is a full featured photo stitching application.
• PTGui can stitch multiple rows of images
• Create 360 degree cylindrical panoramas, ‘flat’ partial panoramas and even spherical 360×180 degree panoramas
• No need to keep the camera level: PTGui can stitch rotated and tilted images
• Virtually unlimited output size: create Gigapixel panoramas from hundreds of images!
• Layered output allows full control over the final stitched result
• PTGui stitches most panoramas fully automatically, but at the same time provides full manual control over every single parameter. This enables stitching of ‘difficult’ scenes, where other programs fail.
• Full 16 bit workflow for best image quality
• Automatic stitching: create panoramas with just a few mouse clicks
• Manual mode: full control over the final result
• Live preview: instantly see the effect of different settings, without the need to stitch first
• Multi row panoramas: images can be stacked both horizontally and vertically
• Stitch rotated and tilted images
• Create HUGE panoramas: stitch hundreds of images into a gigapixel panorama
• Support for jpeg, tiff and png source images
• Create panoramas in jpeg, tiff or Photoshop format
• Photoshop large document (.psb) support
• Layered Photoshop output, ideal for retouching
• Full support for 16 bit images, for the best image quality
• Panorama editor: interactive adjustment of the panorama perspective
• Create templates with frequently used settings
• QTVR ouput: directly create a QTVR panorama in PTGui, or convert an existing panorama into QTVR format
• Batch stitcher: prepare any number of panoramas and stitch them later without user intervention.
• Support for multiple processors / multiple core computers
• Stitch and blend HDR source images into an HDR panorama
• Stitch and blend bracketed LDR source images into an HDR panorama
• Calculate camera response curve from bracketed LDR source images
• Built in tone mapper
• Support for OpenEXR (.exr) and HDR Radiance (.hdr) source images
• Blend Priority parameter (useful for blending the nadir image in a spherical panorama)
• Viewpoint correction
• Vignetting, exposure and white balance correction
• Global adjustment of exposure and white balance
• Exposure Fusion
Version 10.0.7 (25 September 2014)
Tone mapper improvements: previously the tone mapper could give artifacts in the form of colored pixels in dark areas. Tone mapping quality in general is improved. A Compression slider has been added: higher compression will allow a higher dynamic range to be compressed, lower compression gives more natural looking results. And there’s a new Saturation slider to control the vibrancy of the colors.
Fix: Using Viewpoint Correction for all images could result in a blurry panorama
Fix: Running the Batch Builder on folders containing raw images caused PTGui to crash
Fix: Mac: Error during installation: ‘PTGui Pro can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.’