QuickTime is a powerful, reliable, and flexible foundation for the most cutting-edge multimedia experiences. But that’s just the beginning. With QuickTime 7 Pro, third-party plug-ins, and QuickTime streaming solutions, you can take your digital media even further. QuickTime 7 Pro can convert your media to different formats, so you can watch a movie or video on your iPhone, iPod, and Apple TV. You can also use QuickTime 7 Pro to record video and share everything you make with friends and family.
QuickTime 7 is Apple’s cutting-edge digital media software for both Mac and Windows-based computers delivers unparalleled quality for creating, playing and streaming audio and video content over the Internet. Besides playing MPEG-4 and MP3 content, it supports timecode tracks as well as MIDI standards such as the Roland Sound Canvas and GS format extensions. It also supports key standards for web streaming, including HTTP, RTP and RTSP. Plus, it supports every major file format for images, including JPEG, BMP, PICT, PNG and GIF. QuickTime 7 features an ultra efficient new H.264 video codec delivering stunning quality at remarkably low data rates from 3G to iChat AV to HD.
Convert your media.
Want to watch your home movies in the living room or on the go? QuickTime 7 Pro converts your files to a format optimized for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, or a variety of other devices.
Record and edit your work.
With QuickTime 7 Pro, you can record audio and video directly from your built-in iSight camera, FireWire camcorder, or microphone.* You can even trim what you’ve recorded to the ideal length.
It’s a multimedia platform.
Video from your digital camera or mobile phone. A movie on your Mac or PC. A media clip on a website. No matter what you’re watching or where you’re watching it, QuickTime technology makes it all possible.
It’s advanced video technology.
QuickTime features advanced video compression technology called H.264 to deliver brilliant, crisp HD video using less bandwidth and storage. So you’ll experience pristine video quality wherever you watch your movies or videos.
It’s a sophisticated media player.
With its simple design and easy-to-use controls, QuickTime Player makes everything you watch even more enjoyable. Its clean, uncluttered interface never gets in the way of what you’re watching. Want to speed through a movie or slow things down? A handy slider lets you set playback from 1/2x to 3x the normal speed. And you can search through individual movie frames quickly.
It’s a flexible file format.
QuickTime lets you do more with your digital media. With QuickTime 7 Pro, you can convert your files to different formats and record and edit your work. Third-party plug-ins extend QuickTime technology in many different directions. And QuickTime streaming solutions let you stream your media across the Internet.
New features in QuickTime 7 Player for Windows:
– H.264 video playback. Watch movies created with this state-of-the-art, standards-based codec, which delivers exceptional-quality video.
– Surround sound. With QuickTime 7, your PC, and surround speakers, you can enjoy the full effect of your surround sound game or movie.
– New and improved playback controls. Easily change settings including jog shuttle, playback speed, bass, treble, and balance.
– Zero-configuration streaming. QuickTime automatically determines your optimal Internet connection speed and reconnects dropped connections.
– Live resize. Playback continues smoothly as you change the size of the QuickTime Player window
What’s new in QuickTime Pro 7:
– Create H.264 video. Create incredible-looking video for any use, from 3G for mobile devices to HD.
– Create surround audio. Create a rich multimedia experience by adding multichannel audio to your movie.
– Floating controls. Easily access functions like pause, play, fast-forward, and rewind while watching full-screen movies.
– Background exporting. Export your movie in the background and continue with your next playback or editing task.
– Improved movie authoring. The all-new Movie Properties facilitates simple and efficient movie authoring.
– Automate with VB Script. Automate your QuickTime workflow with native VB Script support in QuickTime 7. Developers can also use VB Script to access the new QuickTime Active X control for creating custom multimedia applications.